Park and Resource Management (Master of Science)Offered by: Parks and Conservation
The online Master of Science in Park and Resource Management at SRU will prepare students for a variety of rewarding careers such as: environmental educators, park rangers, park interpreters, resource management specialists, outdoor recreation planners, or similar professional positions. The goal of this program is to provide students with a foundation of skills and competencies to achieve their career goals.
The degree in Park and Resource Management program will provide students with a sound base in ecological understanding, planning, and management theory. Through rigorous coursework, students study practical solutions to environmental education, natural and cultural resources, as well as visitor management challenges. Students also study about issues generated by social, economic, and political factors. Students are also given opportunity to hone their organization management, communication, and computer skills.
The Park and Resource Management program uses nationally known professionals to supplement its graduate faculty. This enables the program to keep its course offerings current and relevant to the professional needs of our students. This program is offered completely online.
The Master of Science in Park and Resource Management program at SRU offers:
- Flexibility to fit your busy schedule with classes taught exclusively online
- No campus visitation is required
- A 30-credit hour program that can be completed in two calendar years
- A program with a proven track record
- Coursework taught by University faculty with many years of experience
- Accreditation by the Council on Accreditation for Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Related Professions (COAPRT) through the National Recreation and Park Association.
- One of the top programs in the nation.
To apply for this program, you will need to provide:
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Statement of Personal and Professional Career Goals
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (email@example.com), fax (724-738-2146), or mail.
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.