How to Apply to the IRB
Follow these steps to apply to the IRB:
- Determine if the project meets the definition of human subject research.
- Read through the Responsibilities of the PI section.
- Complete the required training course on the protection of human participants in research. The IRB subscribes to the CITI Online Training Program to comply with this regulation. Additional information and the CITI website can be found here.
- Determine the level of review.
- Complete the IRB Application Form found on the Forms tab.
- Complete any necessary consent forms and/or appendices to your application.
- Submit your IRB Application Form and any other necessary appendices and documentation of CITI training to the IRB Office, 008 Old Main.
You must receive approval from the IRB before conducting your research. DO NOT begin your study until approval has been granted. This is a violation of Federal regulations.
Call or email the IRB Office if you have any questions.
Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
Exempt from Full Review: No deadline. Protocols are usually reviewed within 5 working days of receipt.
Expedited Review: No deadline. Protocols are usually reviewed within 15 working days of receipt.
Full Board Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, meetings start at 12:30p.m. in Old Main, Room 304. If the IRB does not receive the application packet by the deadline date, it will be reviewed at the next month's meeting.
Full Board Review Submission Deadlines and Meeting Dates
Fall Semester 2018
|Submit by Noon on:
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Thursday, September 20, 2018
|Thursday, October 4, 2018
||Thursday, October 11, 2018
|Thursday, October 25, 2018
||Thursday, November 1, 2018|
|Thursday, November 29, 2018
||Thursday, December 6, 2018
Spring Semester 2019
Submit by Noon on:
|Thursday, January 24, 2019||
Thursday, January 31, 2019
|Thursday, February 21, 2019||
Thursday, February 28, 2019
|Thursday, March 21, 2019||
Thursday, March 28, 2019
|Thursday, April 4, 2019||
Thursday, April 11, 2019