TESOL: Communicative Language Teaching CertificateOffered by: Modern Languages and Cultures
The globalization of English and demand for English language instruction worldwide create a need for skilled practitioners who can address the widely variant educational needs of English learners.
According to Education First's 2016 English Proficiency Index (EPI) for both schools and companies worldwide, English language proficiency correlates with higher incomes, improved quality of life, more dynamic business settings, superior connectivity, and more innovation. Recognizing this return on investment, countries across the globe have launched initiatives to expand English language teaching and learning. Our Graduate TESOL Program's CLT Certificate offers teachers from all parts of the world the opportunity to hone their English instructional techniques and practice cutting-edge communicative methodologies.
Through convenient and specialized certificate-level training, SRU's graduates will be prepared to utilize contemporary instructional strategies to teach English as a new language to learners of all ages. Facilitating lifelong TESOL development, the Certificate helps graduates realize their dreams of assisting others in achieving improved English fluency and proficiency.
SRU's Graduate Communicative Language Teaching Certificate can be earned in any term plus one 2-6 week summer session and offers:
- Graduate-level training in CLT, the globally preferred method for improving language proficiency
- Flexibility for your busy schedule-1 online course during term of your choosing, and 1 summer workshop in residence at SRU main campus
- Hands-on training, field trips, cultural excursions
- Expert faculty with earned doctorates
- A pathway to Master's degree - all 9 credits apply to the MA TESOL, leaving 21-24 credits remaining to obtain the full degree
- ESL classes available during summer workshop, if desired
- Online Application
- Graduate Application Fee
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent (personal and personal goals for TESOL study)
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronica trancript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- Undergraduate transcripts with a minimum GPA of a 2.75
GRE not required