Accreditation and Program/Student Outcomes
Teacher Education programs at Slippery Rock University are fully accredited by the State of Pennsylvania through the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Being an accredited institution recognizes SRU as an educational institution that meets or exceeds state standards. This accreditation involves a regular process of alignment with state teacher education program standards and compliance with all aspects of appropriate Pennsylvania state law and code. Our continuing accreditation, a result of our most recent review during the Spring 2015 semester, attests to the commitment and quality of the SRU teacher preparation program.
In addition to state accreditation, Teacher Education programs at Slippery Rock University are nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). NCATE establishes high and rigorous standards for preparation programs, holds accredited institutions accountable for meeting these standards, and requires institutions to demonstrate that teacher candidates know their subject matter and how to teach it effectively to all students.
In addition, as part of the national accreditation process, SRU teacher education programs are nationally recognized by professional content associations for meeting rigorous national standards in content area studies. SRU is nationally recognized in the following areas by these specialty professional associations:
- Early Childhood Education by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Special Education by the Council for Exceptional Children
- English Education by the National Council of Teachers of English
- Mathematics Education by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Science Education by the National Science Teachers Association
- Social Studies by the National Council for the Social Studies
View the most recent passing certification exam rates:
Sample of Survey Data
- SRU Graduate Employer Survey Results
- SRU Student Teacher Survey Results
- SRU Cooperating Teacher Survey Results
- SRU Supervisor Survey Results
- Job Placement
FACULTY AND ALUMNI SPOTLIGHTS
The College of Education publishes spotlights which highlight the accomplishments of alumni and faculty.
To view alumni spotlights, click here
To view faculty spotlights, click here