Academic Departments and Programs
The College of Education houses the following academic departments and programs.
- Counseling & Development
- Counseling Center
- Elementary Education / Early Childhood Education
- Physical & Health Education
- Special Education
- Secondary Education / Foundations of Education
Technology for Online Instruction
- Masters of Education: Technology for Online Instruction
- Online Instruction (PDE Endorsement)
- Teaching Online (Certificate)
Troops to Teachers One-Year Teaching Certification Program
- Troops to Teachers is a convenient, one-year program intended to help military troops earn teacher certification through SRU's College of Education.
- Once admitted, students will begin their program in May 2018 with an in-school field experience, supported with online courses (2). Additional online courses (2) will be held in June and July. A full-year residency as a student teacher will then take place from September 2018 until the following May. Two instructional coaches, advisors, and additional strong supports, will be provided as you learn to teach while in the schools.
- Tuition to be paid via the GI Bill. Stipends and signing bonuses are also available. More information about your eligibility at http://www.proudtoserveagain.com/
- Assistance in securing teaching jobs after completion of this program will also be provided.
- If interested in applying, please:
1. Register at http://www.proudtoserveagain.com/
2. Then, contact Dr. Edwin Christmann, SRU Chairperson Secondary and Foundation of Education Department at email@example.com