Teaching Online (Online)Offered by: Special Education
SRU's graduate Teaching Online Certificate program is delivered completely online and the required 9 credits can be completed in one summer and one winter term. The Teaching Online Letter of Completion is open to all business professionals, managers, trainers, and educators with an undergraduate degree and a desire to learn to teach online.
Most education programs are focused exclusively on preparing candidates for teaching in the traditional classroom setting. SRU's online teaching credential is designed to help future teachers reach all the students in programs and schools-and to give individuals the expertise, technical skills, and comfort level needed to deliver a quality online education.
SRU's Teaching Online Certificate offers the following:
- Knowledge and skills to effectively teach through distance or cyber education, using technology as a resource for obtaining, evaluating, and disseminating content
- The ability to create authentic and meaningful learning experiences for K-12 online learners
- The tools to encourage students to utilize educational technology to locate reliable resources that can lead to a healthy and active lifestyle
- Curriculum taught by instructors with expertise in online instruction
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronica transcript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.