Educational Leadership and Administration (Doctor of Education)Offered by: Secondary Education / Foundations of Education
Leadership is arguably the most critical factor in achieving excellence in higher education. Slippery Rock University's (SRU) Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership and Administration is designed to produce executive leaders that are capable of managing the growing complexities and demands that higher education institutions face today. The program addresses the development of knowledge, skills, and dispositions required to effectively lead an institution by establishing an organizational vision, creating and implementing a strategic plan, exercising shared governance, and engaging in effective decision making. The program will also focus on leading edge approaches in such areas as data analytics, finance, budgeting, enrollment management, management, marketing, fundraising, and the development of the inner strengths of leaders. This holistic approach will prepare leaders for career enhancements that most often entail moving from assistant provost or director to associate provost, associate provost to a dean or provost, and program director to associate vice-president.
SRU's Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Administration consists of 60 credits and will be delivered fully online. Courses will be taught online during the fall, winter, spring, and summer semesters. In addition, the dissertation seminar will be made available face-to-face as an option for students desiring such a format. Students will receive online synchronous advisement (e.g., webinar, telephone and/or video conferencing). The program will be offered part-time.
Slippery Rock University's Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Administration offers:
- 100% online delivery, with optional face-to-face dissertation seminars
- A competitive curriculum that focuses on highly practical by design, with course topics that are centered on the application of the most recent and perennial trends in higher education
- Experienced faculty with practical experience
All applicants must submit the following materials along with the completed application form and non-refundable :
- Online Application
- Application fee of $35.00
- Official transcripts - undergraduate and graduate degree transcripts
- GPA requirements - undergraduate GPA of a 3.0, and graduate degree with a 3.5 or higher
- Resume (submit to email@example.com)
- Personal Statement - 300-500 word essay indicating "How earning an Ed.D. in Education Leadership and Administration will transform you intellectually and professionally." You should also include a statement on your Philosophy of Education (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two letters of recommendation (references who can articulate the applicant's academic background) (submit to email@example.com)