SRU’s master’s degree in health informatics earns top 10 national ranking
Jan. 24, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's online master's degree in health informatics has been ranked as one of the top 50 in country by intelligent.com.
SRU was ranked No. 9 in the country.
For its rankings, intelligent.com considered institutions that were only nonprofit, accredited and offered fully online programs.
The website then used those three criteria to evaluate a narrowed down list of colleges and universities before evaluating them on:
• Program strength: The website looked at how each program ranked in leading college evaluators like U.S. News & World Report and others before creating an algorithm that collected and analyzed the multiple rankings into one score to easily compare each university.
• Online readiness: This criterion reviewed if the program had been tailored for the nuances of online education? Universities with more experience and success teaching classes' online scored higher.
• Return on investment: This evaluated how easy it would be to earn back the cost of the degree program? The website calculated the average weekly wages of the occupations that the degree leads to versus the cost of the program.
• Cost: Based on the average cost per credit at each university, the website calculated an estimated total cost of attendance. Universities that charged less than their competitors earned more ranking points.
• Student engagement: Factors reviewed included how many students were currently enrolled and the graduation rate of the program.
To view the complete rankings, click here.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com