SRU trustees to meet Dec. 10
Dec. 7, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Dec. 10 by videoconference only. All committee and quarterly business meetings will be available virtually via Zoom videoconference or by telephone at 646.876.9923 with meeting ID 778 268 9666. All meetings are open to the public.
People wanting to make public comment at the quarterly business meeting must submit their request through SRU's Office of the President by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 p.m., Dec. 9.
Committee meetings are scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., immediately followed by an executive session. The quarterly business meeting will begin at 2:30 p.m.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will begin the first of four committee meetings. Scheduled items include:
- An academic affairs planning update from Abbey Zink, provost and chief academic affairs officer.
- An update on the University's 2021 reaffirmation of accreditation with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education from Mary Hennessey, assistant to the provost.
- An academic programming update from Carrie Birckbichler, chief financial and data officer.
- An enrollment update from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- An update and video drone tour of the Performing Arts Complex from Dan Bauer, dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
The Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee will meet following the Academic and Student Affairs Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- An update on administrative affairs from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development.
- A presentation from David Jacobson of CliftonLarsonAllen regarding the University's financial statement and audit overview.
- A financial review from Birckbichler.
- A review of personnel items from Lynne Motyl, chief human resources officer.
- A review of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; and the facilities and planning project list.
The University Advancement Committee will meet following the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- Updates from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement, regarding a draft of guidelines and procedures regarding the naming of facilities and endowments at the University; the recent reorganization of University Advancement personnel; fiscal year 2020-21 and long-term fundraising goals; a comprehensive fundraising campaign update; and quarterly reports from the Slippery Rock University Foundation, Inc. and Slippery Rock University Alumni Association.
The Governance Committee will meet following the University Advancement Committee. Scheduled items include:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A discussion about the annual evaluation process of the president.
- A review of a proposed commendation honoring the service of Jerry Chmielewski, a former SRU professor, dean and interim provost who has been serving as special assistant to the provost. Chmielewski will retire in January 2021 after 30 years at the University.
- A review of informational items pertaining to the University calendar and trustee bylaws.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. The council will present a certificate of commendation to Chmielewski prior to scheduled action items that include:
- Approval of the business agenda for the Dec. 10 meeting.
- Approval of the quarterly business meeting minutes from the Sept. 24 quarterly business meeting.
- An informal, second-year evaluation of the president.
- Affiliated entities: certification of compliance.
- Resolution to name the Morrow Field House swimming pool as The Dr. Elmer B. Cottrell Aquatics Pool.
- PACT dues.
- Approval of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com