SRSGA legislative action recognized at COSGA
April 17, 2020
The Slippery Rock Student Government Association, the independent, student-run organization that represents students at Slippery Rock University, won "Outstanding Student Government Achievement" at the 2020 Conference on Student Government Associations.
The award recognized one SGA for outstanding legislative action. The SRSGA won for its feminine product initiative, providing free tampons to students in restroom dispensers throughout the SRU campus.
COSGA, hosted by students from Texas A&M University, is an annual convention of college student governments that serves as the largest student-run student government conference in the United States. The conference is attended by hundreds of delegates representing student governments from around the world with a goal of improving student government associations by creating an environment for open discussion.
The following seven SRU students attended the COSGA, March 6-8, in Houston, Texas:
• Nicholas Condon, a junior political science major from Butler.
• Alexis Gish, a freshman early childhood/special education major from New Castle.
• Mia Graziani, a sophomore health care administration and management major from Canonsburg.
• Madison Victoria King, a junior political science major from Slippery Rock.
• Leif Lindgren, a sophomore safety management major from Allison Park.
• Kyle Mennor, a freshman secondary education major from Chicora.
• Amanda Reilly, a freshman communication major from Washington.