SRU staff earn InsideTrack coaching certification
Nov. 5, 2018
Six staff members from Slippery Rock University's Office for Inclusive Excellence were recently certified in Student Coaching from InsideTrack, a national consulting firm that specializes in student success for colleges and universities.
To earn their certification, participants completed a series of five 90-minute training sessions through video conferencing and a campus visit from an InsideTrack trainer, who tested the staff with role-playing exercises. The staff will use conversation prompts and other techniques to better support students and help them develop the skills and attitudes required to navigate college life, including time management, self-advocacy and proactively connecting them to campus resources.
Staff who earned their certification are:
- Keshia Booker, assistant director multicultural development
- Amber Hamilton, assistant director of transition programs
- Earl Coburn, student success coach
- Julie Ferringer, student success coach
- Emily McClaine, student success coach
- Sunshine Mushrush, student success coach