* Please refer to alterations in service delivery secondary to the COVID-19 pandemic as listed above.
Student Health Services is open 24/7 during the academic year; and Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm during the summer and on breaks. In order to serve our Slippery Rock University students better and to stay current with healthcare trends, all staff participate in a weekly staff meeting on Thursday from 2 pm - 4 pm. There are no appointments available at that time.
Determining Risk of Pregnancy
It is Student Health Services protocol to determine risk of pregnancy in all patients capable of becoming pregnant prior to prescribing medications because some medications are harmful during pregnancy.
* Services will be provided via telehealth or in-person appointments at the discretion of the provider.
24/7 Registered Nurse Evaluation
24 hours/day, 7 days/week (academic year) 724.738.2052
- Mental health concerns (for appointments with a counselor, consult the SRU Student Counseling Center)
- Sexual assault or rape
- Injuries, lacerations, sprains, fractures, and burns
- Head or eye injuries
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting
- Animal or human bites
- Abdominal pain
- Emergency Contraception (morning after pill)
- Drug/alcohol related issues
- Burning or frequent urination
- Change to ongoing health
- Conditions (asthma, diabetes)
- Illness with fever
- TB tests
- Pregnancy testing
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, 724.738.2052
- Health assessment, treatment, education, and referral
- Minor injury care and follow up
- Minor illness
- Immunizations for Tetanus/Pertussis/Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Influenza
- Allergy injections until 4:00 pm
- Blood work (must have a healthcare provider's order)
- Depo Provera Injections (must have a healthcare provider's order)
Physician & Nurse Practitioner Appointments
Monday - Friday, 724.738.2052
- Medical evaluation, treatment and management of acute and chronic illness
- Physical exams can be completed here (Call for more information)
- Gynecological services: annual exam or vaginal infection
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) exams and treatment
- Pregnancy counseling and referral
- Birth Control
Student Health and related pages are not meant to replace the advice of a health care professional. You should not utilize information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals regarding your own specific health situation.