Visit the Rock
Visiting campus is the best way to determine if a college or university is the right fit for you. From quick to comprehensive, we have programs for every type of visitor. Choose the one that best fits your needs or try them all!
Important parking information:
All visitors are required to register their vehicle online for a free visitor electronic parking pass before visiting using the SRU parking portal. No printing is required; we utilize a license plate recognition system. Please contact the Parking Office with any issues or questions at 724.738.4785.
- Daily Visits: These week day visits are for first-year students to attend a group presentation with an admission counselor followed by a student-led walking campus tour from one of our infamous Pride Guides.
- Saturday Visits: These visits are the same as our week day visits except they are offered on select Saturdays during the fall and spring only.
- Open House: Meet with faculty from your major and staff from various campus departments, learn about the admissions process, financial aid and scholarships, tour campus, and eat lunch in Boozel Dining Hall.
- Accepted Students Day and Faculty Information Sessions: These events are for high school seniors who have been admitted to SRU and are still deciding among their college choices and/or would like another campus visit experience.
- Weekday Appointments: Meet with an admissions counselor one-on-one and learn about how courses will transfer academic requirements, and application procedures.
- Open House: Open Houses occur every fall, spring, and summer. Meet faculty from your major, learn about the admissions process, tour campus, and eat lunch in Boozel Dining Hall.
- Graduate Open House: Meet with faculty members, learn about the admissions process, and take a tour of campus.
- Schedule an appointment with the Graduate Admissions Office to visit campus or to set up a virtual meeting.
Schedule an appointment with the Office for Global Engagement to visit campus or to schedule a virtual meeting.
**Please note that if temperatures are forecasted below 0° Fahrenheit, the wind chill is below 0° Fahrenheit, or in excess of 95° Fahrenheit, campus tours will be canceled and a virtual tour will be available for visitors. If the university is closed or delayed due to inclement weather, campus visits will be canceled. All registrants will be contacted by admissions via email in the event of a university delay or closing.
***If you would like to request a special accommodation for your visit, for example the use of a wheelchair, please let us know prior to your visit so that we may prepare. Please understand, our student tour guides are not available to assist individuals in wheelchairs while moving through the campus tour. If assistance is needed, we recommend that a family member or friend be available for support. Please call 724.738.2015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.