English (Master of Arts)Offered by: English
The online Master of Arts in English prepares students for writing in fields such as business, education, government, law, nonprofit administration, translation, and technical writing. The curriculum is designed to take students' writing to the next level.
The Master of Arts Degree in English is a 15-month program in contemporary literate practices designed to encompass reading and writing generated through the use of both traditional and new media. The curriculum features extensive research and practical applications. Students may specialize in the study of writing in any discipline or profession. Students will complete nine required courses, including a capstone experience of six credits within their area of interest.
SRU's Master of Arts degree in English offers:
- 100% Online courses
- A 30-credit curriculum that can be completed in 15 months
- Experience in digital writing and contemporary publishing practices
- High-impact classroom practices resulting in collaborative work and field experiences
- A foundational curriculum for those who write professionally, mentor employees who write, or teach writing in any discipline
- All faculty have doctoral degrees and are committed to teaching excellence
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate 2.75 minimum /Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- A brief essay explaining the applicant's career interests and personal goals related to the study of writing (minimum length 2 to 3 pages, double spaced) (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two letters of recommendation from undergraduate faculty (submit to email@example.com
- GRE not required
*If you are requesting review of your graduate transcripts for transfer of credit, please complete the transfer of credit form and submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions with official graduate transcripts. Please review SRU's transfer of credit policy.
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (724.738.2146), or mail.