English (Master of Arts)Offered by: Languages, Literatures, Cultures, and Writing
Click GRADUATE SCHOOL EVENTS to view upcoming Program Specific Information Sessions and Open House dates.
The online Master of Arts in English prepares students for writing in fields such as business, education, government, law, nonprofit administration, translation, and technical writing. The curriculum is designed to take students' writing to the next level.
The Master of Arts Degree in English is a 15-month program in contemporary literate practices designed to encompass reading and writing generated through the use of both traditional and new media. The curriculum features extensive research and practical applications. Students may specialize in the study of writing in any discipline or profession. Students will complete nine required courses, including a capstone experience of six credits within their area of interest.
SRU's Master of Arts degree in English offers:
- 100% Online courses
- A 30-credit curriculum that can be completed in 15 months
- Experience in digital writing and contemporary publishing practices
- High-impact classroom practices resulting in collaborative work and field experiences
- A foundational curriculum for those who write professionally, mentor employees who write, or teach writing in any discipline
- All faculty have doctoral degrees and are committed to teaching excellence
Attention: To apply for admission, please use the following link to apply now.
- $25 Application Fee
- Essay explaining your career interests and personal goals related to the study of writing (2 to 3 pages, double spaced)
- Two electronic recommendation forms from academic or non-academic professionals
- Official undergraduate degree transcripts with a minimum GPA of 2.75 and any graduate transcripts (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- SRU current/Alumni/former students click here to order your official SRU final transcript and have it sent to email@example.com
- GRE is not required
*If you are requesting review of your graduate transcripts for transfer of credit, please complete the transfer of credit form and submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions with official graduate transcripts. Please review SRU's transfer of credit policy.