Celebration of Achievement
Students, faculty and community members were honored at Slippery Rock University’s 2022 Celebration of Achievement.
Presidential Scholars were recognized and received a commemorative plaque and certificate. Presidential Scholars represent the top 20 students in their class based upon overall grade-point average and meeting the minimum required credit hours earned at the University. (Required: sophomores, at least 28 credit hours earned at SRU; juniors, at least 40 credit hours earned at SRU; and seniors, at least 52 credit hours earned at SRU.) Students must have successfully completed a minimum of 12 credits during 2021.
In addition to the students who were recognized, recipients of the following awards were announced:
- Excellence in Teaching
- President’s Award for Excellence in Advising – Experienced
- President’s Award for Excellence in Advising – Emerging
- President's Award for Scholarly and Creative Achievement
- President's Civic Engagement Ambassador Award
- President's Community Partner Award
- Student Civic Leadership Award
Questions regarding the event can be directed to 723-738-4191 or via email.
2021 Student Awards:
- Outstanding Students for Research/Scholarship/Creative Activity and Leadership (2 per college)
- Syed R. Ali-Zaidi Award for Academic Excellence (SRU finalist)
- Global Engagement Leaders: International and Domestic (2)
- Student Engagement and Leadership: Board of Governors Scholarship Recipient from the Emerging Leadership Experience (ELE) and the Sheryl Smith Leadership Award Recipient
- President’s Student Civic Leadership Award
- Presidential Scholars: Top 20 students in Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes
2021 Faculty/Staff/Community Awards: