Welcome to the Slippery Rock University Honors Program. We are community of highly motivated, talented, and supportive students. As an Honors Program student, you'll have many opportunities to develop and expand your education within and beyond the classroom:
- Honors Courses: Courses typically limited to 25 students to emphasize participation and discussion. Honors courses are not harder, but more rewarding.
- Regional Cultural Events: Honors Programs students are able to attend a variety of cultural events, including concerts, plays, dance performances and museum trips.
- Spring Trips: Every spring, the Honors Program hosts a trip to an interesting city. Recent trips have gone to Boston, Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA, Toronto, Chicago, and Washington, D.C.
- International Travel: You'll also have opportunities for international travel, through Honors courses and the PASSHE Summer Honors Program. In recent years, students have travelled to Italy, London, Egypt, Bermuda, and Austria. This past spring, two trips were taken during spring break: Greece and Cuba.
- Priority Scheduling: An extra benefit for students in the Honors Program is early scheduling for classes.
I look forward to welcoming you to the program!
Dr. George P. Brown, Director