Welcome to the Slippery Rock University Honors Program. We are a community of highly motivated, talented, and supportive students. As an Honors Program student, you'll have many opportunities to develop and expand your education within and beyond the classroom:
- Honors Courses: Courses typically limited to 25 students to emphasize participation and discussion. Honors courses are not harder, but more rewarding.
- Regional Cultural Events: Honors Programs students are able to attend a variety of cultural events, including concerts, plays, dance performances and museum trips.
- Spring Trips: Every spring, the Honors Program hosts a trip to an interesting city. Recent trips have gone to Boston, Toronto, New York City, Washington, DC, and Chicago.
- International Travel: You'll also have opportunities for international travel. In recent years, students have travelled to Belize; Santiago, Spain; Oslo, Norway; New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, Canada; London, England; Salzburg and Vienna, Austria; and Venice and Rome, Italy through the PASSHE Summer Honors Program. Recent Honors Program courses have included travel to Belgium, France, London, Spain, Netherlands, Greece and Cuba.
- Priority Scheduling: An extra benefit for students in the Honors Program is early scheduling for classes.
I look forward to welcoming you to the program!
Dr. George P. Brown, Director