Are you considering a transfer to Slippery Rock University? You are in great company! Each year, 850-900 students experience the rock solid transfer advantage as they make the transition from community colleges, public and private four-year colleges and universities, and technical and nursing schools. Whether you plan to study on campus or enroll in an online undergraduate program, SRU provides transfer students with a rock solid transfer advantage.
What is the rock solid transfer advantage? It is truly what makes us different:
- We are a centralized service housing recruitment, admissions, credit evaluation, and degree audit processing all in one office.
- We offer flexibility in how credits are evaluated and are assigned to the curriculum of our academic degrees. Knowledgeable transfer counselors are the chief credit evaluators for the campus and work diligently to help you make the most of previous coursework to ensure the timely completion of degree requirements.
- We are accessible through various visitation programs. On-campus appointments are available Monday - Friday and may include a tour. Transfer representatives also participate in traditional open house programs. Counselors meet individually with students at all local community college events, such as Transfer Days, and even conduct interviews at these locations.
- We are privileged to partner with current students who serve as members of our Transfer Transitions Team, a proud and passionate group who assist with recruitment activities and Orientation.
- We extend advising and class registration privileges in most academic departments to newly enrolled transfer students at the same time as our current students.
- We host Transfer Orientation sessions on campus prior to the start of each semester and maintain an online resource in Desire2Learn (D2L) to supplement these efforts to help you make the smoothest possible academic and social transition.
Your future is waiting - experience the difference of a rock solid transfer to SRU.
Follow us on Twitter: @SRUtransfer