Exchange applicants currently attend one of the international post-secondary institutions listed below (International Exchange Partners) and wish to study at Slippery Rock University for a short or long-term experience.
Non-degree Visiting applicants may not have enrolled in any postsecondary institution since graduating high school and wish to study at Slippery Rock University for a short or long-term experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Fall 2017 Application and Spring 2018
1. Complete the application for admission (NO FEE).
2. Submit official, English-translated copies of all secondary** and post-secondary course work completed, including subjects listed and marks earned, school certificates, diplomas and examinations results. **Secondary school records are only required IF you have completed less than one (1) year at an accredited post-secondary institution.
3. All non-native speakers of English must submit an official language score reports from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Applicants must score a minimum of 61 on the internet based test (iBT), a minimum of 500 on the written test or a minimum of a 173 on the computer based test. The TOEFL institution code for Slippery Rock University is 2658, IELTS (International English Language Testing Service). Applicants must receive an overall IELTS score at band 6.0 or above, ELS Schools official score report with a 112 result or higher, or STEP Eiken 2A Grade. Applicants may also submit Duolingo English Test, which combines an English proficiency test with a brief video interview. Duolingo's technology and format allows applicants to complete the test any time or place, as long as they have internet access. Only scores of 50 and above will be accepted. Questions related to exemptions for English language proficiency contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Submit a copy of your passport - copy of the picture page.
5. All applicants must verify finances. This is not used to determine academic qualification for admission but must be satisfactorily documented before we can issue the form I-20/DS-2019 used for obtaining a student visa through the U.S. Consulate. For more details see Costs and Scholarships.
SPECIAL NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to supply the Office for Global Engagement with the necessary documents to complete their application. The Office for Global Engagement reserves the right to withdraw an application if the required information is not received. Required documents should be uploaded in the application self-service portal.
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PARTNERS
- Artevelade University College
- Nanjing University
- Shanghai International Studies
- University of Bradford
- Teesside University
- University of Physical Education
- Kansai Gaidai University
- Saga University
- Seinan Gakuin University
- Universidad Iberioamericana
- Queen Margaret University
- Academy of Fine Arts & Design
- Comenius University
- Escola Universitatia de la Salut i L'Esports (Girona)
- Kangwon National University
- Sejong University
- Bilgi University
- IZMIR Tech