International applicants who have been enrolled in any postsecondary institution(s), regardless of the number of courses or credits attempted, should apply as transfers.
HOW TO APPLY
Fall 2017 Application and Spring 2018 (coming soon!)
- Complete the application for admission (NO FEE).
- Submit official, English-translated copies of all secondary** and post-secondary course work completed, including subjects listed and marks earned, school certificates, diplomas and examinations results. **Secondary school records are only required IF you have completed less than one (1) year at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- All non-native speakers of English must submit an official language score reports** from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Applicants must score a minimum of 61 on the internet based test (iBT), a minimum of 500 on the written test or a minimum of a 173 on the computer based test. The TOEFL institution code for Slippery Rock University is 2658 IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) Applicants must receive an overall IELTS score at band 6.0 or above ELS Schools official score report with a 112 result or higher or STEP Eiken 2A Grade. **IF you have completed the equivalent to College Writing with a grade of C or better than this requirement may be waived. Questions related to exemptions for English language proficiency contact: email@example.com.
- Submit a copy of your passport - copy of the picture page.
- All applicants must verify finances. This is not used to determine academic qualification for admission but must be satisfactorily documented before we can issue the form I-20/DS-2019 used for obtaining a student visa through the U.S. Consulate. For more details see Costs and Scholarships.
SPECIAL NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to supply the Office for Global Engagement with the necessary documents to complete their application. The Office for Global Engagement reserves the right to withdraw an application if the required information is not received. Required documents should be uploaded in the application self-service portal.
Preliminary Transfer Credit Evaluation:
To request a preliminary evaluation of transfer credits please contact the Associate Director for International Student Admissions. The email must contact the following information:
- Full Name (Surname, Given Name)
- Name of Current Post-Secondary Institution and all institutions for which transcripts will be submitted from.
- Desired major at Slippery Rock University
- Unofficial Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended*
*Please note to officially transfer credits upon enrollment original transcripts must be received.
SEVIS RECORD TRANSFER
- If you are transferring from a post-secondary institution from within the United States to complete the transfer process we must receive your SEVIS record to create the new form I-20 and/or DS-2019.
- We recommend that during the admission process you contact the International Student Adviser at your current institution to learn about their international student transfer policy.
- SRU requires that international students transferring a SEVIS record complete the SRU SEVIS transfer-in form. For a copy of the form contact firstname.lastname@example.org.