The Health Fee enables the Student Health Service (SHS) to provide routine health care, health promotion programs and perform public health functions. The Health Fee is mandatory for all students enrolled in on-campus classes. The fee will appear as a line item on the tuition invoice.
The Health Fee does not eliminate the need for health/hospitalization insurance.
Currently, the on-campus Health Fee is $172.50 per semester for full time students and pro-rated per credit hour for part-time students. Students with off-campus courses (internships, exclusively on-line) may utilize Health Services and have the option of paying the health fee or a per visit charge of $44.
Services Covered by Health Fee
Routine care appointments are available with registered nurses, nurse practitioners and physicians. Walk-in patients are evaluated by a registered nurse, who will schedule appointments, as necessary.
- RN nursing evaluation care 24/7 during the academic year
- General medical care, orders for lab, and x-ray
- Well woman care
- Contraceptive education
- Allergy injections by appointment
- Finger stick glucometer checks (for blood sugar)
- Pregnancy tests
- Transportation for x-ray and other appointments scheduled by the SHS during the academic year, when available. During inclement weather and when class is not in session, transportation may not be available.
- Physical exams for example: athletics, internships, drivers application, and employment by appointment
- Health Promotion services
- Cold self-care center
Services Not Covered by Health Fee
- Costs incurred are the responsibility of the students.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) counseling and treatment by appointment (there is a minimal fee for STI testing)
- Lab and x-ray (off-site facilities)
Payment for any lab work, including pap smear, lab fees or x-rays are the responsibility of the student.
- Nebulizer treatments
- Immunizations and TB tests
- Mono and Strep testing