PK-12 Principal CertificateOffered by: Secondary Education / Foundations of Education
Slippery Rock University offers a 21-credit online PK-12 Principal Certificate (Post-Masters) through the Secondary Education department. Upon completion of the program, candidates will receive an official SRU certificate.
Leadership is arguably the most critical factor in achieving excellence in education. Slippery Rock University’s (SRU) PK-12 Principal Certificate is designed to produce executive leaders that are capable of managing the growing complexities and demands that PK-12 Schools in Pennsylvania need today. The program addresses the development of knowledge, skills, and dispositions required to effectively lead a school by establishing an organizational vision, creating and implementing a strategic plan, exercising shared governance, and engaging in effective decision making. The program will also focus on leading edge approaches in such areas as organization systems, finance, budgeting, enrollment management, marketing, management, fundraising, and the development of the inner strengths of leaders. This holistic approach will prepare principals for leadership roles in Pennsylvania’s schools.
SRU’s Principal Program consists of 21 credits and is delivered online with two practicum placements. Courses are taught during the fall, winter, spring, and summer terms. In addition, Students will receive online synchronous advisement (e.g., webinar, telephone and/or video conferencing). The program is offered part-time.
Slippery Rock University’s PK-12 Principal Certificate offers:
- 100% online delivery
- A competitive curriculum that focuses on highly practical by design, with course topics that are centered on the application of the most recent and perennial trends in educational leadership
- Experienced faculty with administrative experience
Attention: To apply for admission, please use the following link to apply now.
- $25 non-refundable Application Fee
- Official undergraduate degree transcript(s) and any graduate transcripts (Official transcripts must be sent by the institution via electronic transcript to email@example.com or via mail. Faxed copies are not considered official)
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher and graduate degree with a 3.5 or higher
- SRU current/Alumni/former students click here to order your official SRU final transcript and have it sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of Teaching Certificate or educational specialist certificate (PA and out-of-state applicants with active teaching or specialist certificates)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (references who can articulate applicant's academic background and leadership potential)
*If you are requesting review of your graduate transcripts for transfer of credit, please complete the transfer of credit form and submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions with official graduate transcripts. Please review SRU's transfer of credit policy.
Licensure Assessment Exam
PK-12 Principal Certificate candidates are required to take the School Leaders Licensure Assessment exam, test code 6990 (computer-based only).
Interested in this program? Request more information today!