Data Analytics (Master of Science)Offered by: Mathematics
By 2018, there will be a shortage of about 190,000 deep analytics personnel. This shortage is in addition to a projected shortage of 1.5 million data-savvy managers that can convert data to actionable information. Occupations involving data science are expected to grow by 14% between 2014 and 2024, Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI). Slippery Rock University's Master of Science in Data Analytics (MSDA) prepares professionals to work in the rapidly-growing field of data analytics and big data.
SRU's Master of Science in Data Analytics is 33 credits and can be completed in 10 months full-time or 2 year part-time. One particularly distinguishing feature of the program is its validation by alignment with standards established by professional certificate programs. In particular, students who complete the program will receive a joint certificate in statistical applications and data analytics from SRU and the SAS (Statistical Analysis System) Institute Inc. (www.sas.com) SAS Institute Inc. is one of the most widely used software platforms in the world for performing data analytics and statistical analysis. SRU is 1 of only 56 institutions in the country that offer SAS certificate upon graduation. This will give graduates of the program a significant advantage in the marketplace.
Moreover, the MSDA will provide the training necessary for the Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) exam. The CAP exam is a broad-based analytics exam administered by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS). INFORMS is the largest professional organization in the world that supports operations research, management science, and data analytics.
SRU's Master of Science degree in Data Analytics offers:
- 100% Online Coursework
- A 33 credit program that can be completed in 10 months full-time or two years part-time
- Statistical Analysis System (SAS) Certificate
- Preparation for the CAP exam
- Training in big data analytics, machine learning, and state-of-the-art technologies.
- Highly accomplished faculty with big business experience
- Internship option
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- Undergraduate transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution with a GPA of a 3.00 or higher. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may apply for conditional admission
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better:
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Probability/inferential statistics
- A programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, Python)
- Students will be expected to be familiar with multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and mathematical statistics.
GRE not required
All prerequisite courses must be completed before entering the program. Students with a GPA less than a 3.00, with relevant coursework and prerequisite coursework, may apply for conditional admission.