Professional Licensure/Certification

Slippery Rock University (SRU) is required by the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and US Department of Education to notify you whether our program meets the academic professional licensure/certification requirements in other states.

Slippery Rock University is approved to offer programs that may lead to professional  licensure/certification in Pennsylvania. SRU does not guarantee that programs which fulfill Pennsylvania licensing requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states, as each jurisdiction has unique requirements for professional licensure/certification eligibility which are subject to change at any time and without notice.  

We invite you to review the licensing board list to seek guidance on the professional licensure/certification requirements for programs offered by SRU in your home state or where you would like to practice professionally.

Visit here for licensure/certification information on other professions. As licensure/certification requirements may change at any time, we strongly urge you to seek guidance from the state licensing board where you would like to practice.

SARA does not address professional licensure issues.

For additional information, please contact Samantha Kelly.