History (Master of Arts)Offered by: History
The Master of Arts in History program at SRU prepares students for exciting and challenging careers in diverse fields such as education, law, government, military, industry, and private and public business. This program also provides students the knowledge and qualifications needed to advance to a doctoral program.
The SRU Master of Arts in History is a fully online, 30-credit program designed to provide advanced study of U.S., European, and World History. This program offers individuals the flexibility to work on an advanced degree while pursuing a career, and the freedom to explore and study the past from anywhere in the world.
SRU's Master of Arts in History program offers:
- Flexibility to fit busy schedules with classes offered exclusively online
- Affordability to help professionals advance their careers
- Training in theory, practical skills, and objective content
- Various course options in U.S., European, and World History
- Faculty members who all hold doctoral degrees in history
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Essay-Select a current event and write a one-page essay, in which you explain and/or analyze how the past has influenced the present. The essay should not be descriptive or editorial.
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (724-738-2146), or mail.
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.