Online Instruction Endorsement – Pennsylvania Department of EducationOffered by: Special Education
The Online Instruction Endorsement program is designed for candidates who have completed a baccalaureate program and/or hold an Instructional I or Instructional II Pennsylvania certificate who are interested in participating in a short program (9 Credits) to obtain the professional knowledge, skills, and competencies to teach in distance or cyber education. Classes are offered exclusively online and the program can be completed in less than one year.
Many teacher education programs are focused exclusively on preparing teacher candidates for teaching in the traditional classroom setting. Slippery Rock University's online teaching credential is designed to help you reach all of the students in your programs and schools and to give you the expertise, technical skills and comfort level needed for delivering quality online education.
Students will be able to apply the tools and skills on research-based strategies and pedagogy to create authentic and meaningful learning experiences to teach distance or cyber education effectively.
This three graduate course (9 graduate credits) program are applicable to SRU's M.Ed. in Technology for Online Instruction, you can earn your Online Instruction Program Endorsement through the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Flexibility to fit a busy lifestyle with classes offered exclusively online
- Gain the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to teach effectively through distance or cyber education
- Create authentic and meaningful learning experiences for K-12 online learners
- Discover educational technology and resources
- Candidates must have completed a baccalaureate program and/or hold an Instructional I or Instructional II Pennsylvania certificate.
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- Minimum of a 2.75 GPA in undergraduate major