Physical Therapy (Doctor of Physical Therapy)Offered by: Physical Therapy
As the demand for highly qualified physical therapist increases, the DPT program at SRU is preparing the next generation of leaders in the field. According to the bureau of labor statistics, nationwide employment of Physical Therapists is projected to grow 36 percent between 2012 and 2022. The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) at SRU is a professional doctorate degree program designed to prepare graduates for clinical practice in physical therapy. Graduates from the SRU DPT program enjoy many opportunities for employment, as job growth in Pennsylvania is expected to increase by 25 percent by 2022.
The Graduate School of Physical Therapy at SRU integrates basic science with clinical practice. A key advantage of this program for students is the variety of available clinical sites and length of time spent in clinical rotations through four different clinical experiences. Students also have the opportunity to pursue special interests related to physical therapy in Professional Exploration. These courses are designed to provide additional experience in a clinical specialty area, research, teaching, administration, and service.
There are two options for pursuing a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree at SRU:
- Traditional 3-year, full-time, entry level
- 3 Undergraduate years + 3 Graduate years (for SRU undergraduates only)
SRU's Doctor of Physical Therapy offers the following:
- Third in the USA to transition from a Master's level program to the Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Maximum class size of 50 students
- Online Application
- Graduate Application Fee
- Official GRE Score Report
- PT Essay Questions
- Reference Release Form
- Three Letters of Recommendation (two must be from a licensed PT)
- Pre PT Pre-requisite Summary
- Total Hours on Pre PT Experience Summary
Application deadline is November 1. Class size is limited to 50 students, so it is in the applicant's best interest to have their application completed prior to November 1*. It is recommended that applicants submit all application materials at least two weeks prior to the deadline to allow for processing.
*Applications will be accepted after this date until all 50 seats are filled.