Corporate SecurityOffered by: Criminology and Security Studies
The Corporate Security program trains you for security management positions, protecting people, property, information, and economic assets. Organizations need safety from man-made (crime, terrorism, workplace violence) and natural disasters (fires, floods, storms, etc.).
As a Corporate Security major you will take classes focusing on critical analysis of security needs and creative solutions for complex security issues.
The Corporate Security degree has the following two concentrations:
- Organizational Security prepares you to protect people, property, and informational assets
- Fraud prepares you to secure economic assets in corporate America
Why Choose Corporate Security?
You should choose Corporate Security for the following reasons:
- American Society for Industrial Security International projects a high demand for entry-level professionals in security management over the next several decades.
- Since 9/11, Corporate Security Specialists interact with Homeland Security Specialists to ensure the continued flow of goods and services.
- The demand for Fraud Specialists will continue to grow in both the private and public sectors. The government needs individuals who are qualified in conducting financial intelligence.
What Will You Learn?
In the Corporate Security program you will:
- advance your analytical and critical thinking skills
- provide creative solutions to complex corporate security issues
- gain real world experience through internship opportunities
- develop professional contacts
You will take classes across the following critical disciplines:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Careers In Corporate Security
Graduates from SRU's Corporate Security program succeed in the following careers:
- Bankruptcy Analyst
- Chief Security Officer
- Compliance Officer/Executive
- Director of Loss Prevention
- Fraud Analyst
- Fraud Examiner
- Fraud Investigator
- Internal Auditor
- Legal Investigator
- Management Consultant
- Private investigator
- Special Agent/FBI Agent
- Security Consultant/Director
- Security Specialists
- US Postal Inspector
Academic preparation is given for the following certifications:
- Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE)
- Certified Protection Professional (ASIS)
- Physical Security Professional (ASIS)
- Professional Certified Investigator (ASIS)
Organizations in the industry sector offer the following specialized security certifications:
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA)
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP)