Corporate SecurityOffered by: Homeland/Corporate Security Studies
The Corporate Security program trains you for private security management positions in order to protect people, property, information, and economic assets. Organizations need security from man-made (crime, terrorism, workplace violence) and natural disasters (fires, floods, storms, etc.).
As a Corporate Security major you will take classes focusing on critical analysis of security needs and creative solutions for complex security issues.
The Corporate Security degree has the following two concentrations:
- Organizational Security prepares you to protect people, property, and informational assets
- Fraud prepares you to secure economic assets in corporate America, and trace how terrorists finance their operations
Why Choose Corporate Security?
You should choose Corporate Security for the following reasons:
- American Society for Industrial Security International projects a high demand for entry-level professionals in private security management over the next several decades.
- Since 9/11, Corporate Security Specialists interact with Homeland Security Specialists to ensure our infrastructure and key assets are secure
- The demand for Fraud Specialists will continue to grow in both the private and public sectors. The government needs individuals who are qualified in conducting financial intelligence, and preventing and detecting complex financial crimes.
What Will You Learn?
In the Corporate Security program you will:
- advance your analytical and critical thinking skills
- provide creative solutions to complex corporate security issues
- gain real world experience through internship opportunities
- develop professional contacts through our security studies speaker series, field trips, and spring break trips
You will take classes across the following critical disciplines:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Careers In Corporate Security
Graduates from SRU's Corporate Security program succeed in the following careers:
- Bankruptcy Analyst
- Chief Security Officer
- Compliance Officer/Executive
- Director of Loss Prevention
- Fraud Analyst
- Fraud Examiner
- Fraud Investigator
- Internal Auditor
- Legal Investigator
- Management Consultant
- Private investigator
- Special Agent/FBI Agent
- Security Consultant/Director
- Security Specialists
- US Postal Inspector
Academic preparation is given for the following certifications:
- Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE)
- Certified Protection Professional (ASIS)
- Physical Security Professional (ASIS)
- Professional Certified Investigator (ASIS)
Organizations in the industry sector offer the following specialized security certifications:
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA)
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP)
Earn your degree in Corporate Security at SRU!
Interested in learning more about Corporate Security at SRU? Request more information today!