Fall 2021 Campus Reopening Plans
Slippery Rock University has unveiled its plans for the fall 2021 semester with full consideration to the evolving circumstances pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic. SRU is planning for a "more traditional college experience," when classes begin Aug. 23, according to University officials.
SRU's fall 2021 semester plan includes the following:
- Residence halls will be operating at near capacity but with no more than two students to a room. For fall 2021, we expect to have more than 2,300 residents on campus. More Housing info for new students can be found on the Housing webpage and in this video from Mimi Campbell, Associate Director for Housing Accommodations.
- In-person dining will resume.
- SRU will offer substantially more face-to-face courses, accounting for more than 80% of all instruction.
- A return to in-person, co-curricular activities.
- Student-athletes will compete in intercollegiate athletic events, and those contests will include some form of fan attendance.
- Study-abroad programs will likely recommence as travel restrictions are lifted, albeit with fewer students.
To accommodate more in-person classes, the University is increasing the number of rooms on campus that can more safely host classes. This will include adjusting learning spaces to feature socially distanced seating configurations and plexiglass barriers. SRU will also have enhanced cleaning procedures that will not only increase the frequency of cleaning but feature the addition of more than 125 ionization units that have been shown to eliminate 99% of viruses, bacteria and molds.
"Our goal is to operate in a more traditional fashion in the fall, one that maximizes in-person opportunities for living, learning, and socializing," SRU President William Behre said. "Our decision-making is driven by an assumption that most of our community will be vaccinated by the start of classes in August.
Virtual Admission Presentation
Click here to register and receive our virtual admission presentation that can be viewed at your convenience. This virtual presentation is the same information you’d receive if you were visiting us on-campus. A general overview of SRU and information about majors, financial aid, scholarships, the admissions process, and housing will be covered.
Virtual Campus Tour
Click here to access our virtual campus tour.
For first-year students at SRU who are coming from outside Pennsylvania, there's a lot of important information to know that specifically applies to out-of-state students. This includes eligibility for reduced tuition, scholarship opportunities, and more. On this page, you can watch our out-of-state student video to see why SRU is perfect for students who are coming from other states.
Meet Your Admissions Counselors
Here's the team that can help you with all your admissions needs and questions. You can find out more about our admissions team, as well as contact information for each of them. If you don't want to email an admissions counselor directly, you can call the office at 724.738.2015. We look forward to hearing from you!
High School Counselors
If you're a high school counselor, SRU has many resources to help students with applying and the admissions process. Not only do we offer events for counselors, but we've compiled the resources needed for high-school students to successfully apply to SRU. This includes requirements, financial aid, campus tours, and academic information.
Learn more about what SRU offers
First-year students at Slippery Rock University benefit from a dedicated admissions team, over 150 majors & minors, out-of-state tuition discounts, and more. Visit any of our resources or contact our admissions team any questions!