How to Apply
Found a program that you love? Begin the application process for study abroad today by following the steps below!
- Stop by an informational session held every Tuesday in the Smith Student Center! Time and Location TBD. For general information you can also visit the magazine racks outside of the Office for Global Engagement (004 Spotts World Culture) and pick up informational handouts.
- Schedule a meeting with the Adviser for Study Abroad students, Theresa (Tess) Thrower. Tess can help answer any questions you may still have about your chosen program. Maybe you cannot choose between two different programs! Tess will review with you what makes each program and partner unique. Once you choose a program, Tess will also make sure you have all of the correct application materials to complete. Some programs have a lengthier application process than others. Email her at email@example.com for an appointment.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss which classes you will be able take abroad. Also discuss what year is best for you to study abroad. It could be as early as your sophomore year!
- Start completing your application materials!
- Spring programs: application materials are due by October 15th
- Spring Break programs: application materials are due by mid-November
- Summer and Fall programs: application materials are due by March 15th
Application Materials (general)
The SRU Study Abroad Application form below must be completed for every study abroad experience an SRU student is applying for. This application form is often completed in addition to other application forms depending on what program you choose.
The Transient Clearance form is completed when students are earning credit at an overseas institution. It is a very important step in the application process and this form must be completed thoroughly and accurately.