General Membership information
All currently enrolled Slippery Rock University students taking traditional (on campus) classes, who have paid the Student Recreation Center fee, have access to the Aebersold Student Recreation Center (ARC) with their valid SRU ID. FREE youth card is available for all dependent children, age 15 or under, with an adult membership. Visit the Welcome Center desk for information and to create the account for dependent family members. Students taking classes EXCLUSIVELY ON-LINE do not pay the Student Recreation Center fee, however, ON-LINE students can purchase an ARC membership to gain facility access.
In addition, ARC memberships are available for purchase by faculty/staff, spouse/domestic partners, alumni and the community. ARC member's dependent children, age 15 and under, may receive a YOUTH card and have ARC access during designated hours with appropriate supervison. Memberships are available for purchase for those age 16 and older. Purchase a membership via Active Network or at the ARC. Be sure to create an account here.
- The ARC is a controlled access student centered facility serving all age groups with priority programming given to Campus Recreation programs. Participants must present their SRU/ARC ID each time they wish to access the facility.
- Hours of operation are based on Slippery Rock University's academic schedule with reduced operation hours scheduled during holidays, summer, winter and spring breaks.
- The Office of Campus Recreation is responsible for the operation of the facility, as well as providing programming. The programs and facility have been designed to promote positive physical, mental and spiritual health. Campus Recreation offers a variety of lifetime sports and fitness activities that provide exciting opportunities to "Rock'n Recreate."
- Programs, services and hours of operation are subject to change based on staffing, maintenance concerns, weather or special events. Emergency closing due to weather or other circumstances is communicated via the Campus Recreation web page, INFO Line (724-738-4800), local TV and radio and university announcements.
- Detailed Aquatic Center, Climbing Wall and Group Fitness schedules are available at the ARC Welcome Center desk, as well as under programs.
Student employees are the authority for applying the facility and programmatic operating policies and procedures. In doing so, students are employed in a variety of capacities including facility supervisors, welcome center monitors, exercise specialists, lifeguards, group exercise instructors and sports officials. Student employees are supported by the Campus Recreation professional team, SRU administration and, when needed, the University Police. PLEASE DO NOT ask our student employees to make exceptions for you.
WAIVER: All ARC members are required to complete an unedited ARC membership waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement. Memberships will not be sold unless an unedited waiver is completed. Youth, age 17 and younger, require parent/legal guardian signature for their membership waiver.
For information on hours, rates, code of conduct and much more! ARC Membership Packet
ARC Membership Packet Breakdown