Art Digital Media CertificateOffered by: Art
Students obtaining a Certificate in Art: Digital Media will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of digitally based or enhanced methods of artistic production. Through the prescribed sequence of courses, you will study historical and contemporary approaches to Digital Art, as well as develop skills and understandings applicable to two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and time-based art.
Why Choose the Digital Media Certificate?
You should choose this certificate if you're interested in Digital Media's visual and artistic possibilities and want to be exposed to a wide variety of tools, methods, and processes related to the digital creation and enhancement of the visual. In connection with these efforts, you will be encouraged to develop a personal artistic stance and enact their individual artistic visions.
What Will You Learn?
As a student in this certificate program, you will learn to:
- Produce artwork that employs specific digital techniques in the communication of ideas
- Display knowledge of digital methods of creating artwork
- Develop strategies for research into techniques and approaches to digital media, and demonstrate the ability to synthesize this research into various creative works of art
- Build a portfolio of artworks that demonstrate an understanding of how to effectively visualize concepts
- Digital media artist
- Motion-based graphic artist