Why earn a certificate?
- Develop new skills and stack your credentials.
- Increase your knowledge and boost your resume qualifications.
How can you earn a certificate?
- Add a certificate to your current major program.
- Consider stacking a certificate onto your earned degree.
Slippery Rock University's certificates are designed with your future in mind.
- Certificates will have a minimum of 9 graduate credits or 12 undergraduate credits. At least 6 credits must be completed through SRU.
- All graduate certificate credits may share with the graduate major. No more than six undergraduate certificate credits may share with the undergraduate major, not including Liberal Studies/Rock Integrated Studies and elective courses.
- Certificates may be completed as part of a full degree program, or may be completed as a non-degree student.
- Students completing certificates as a non-degree student are not eligible for financial aid. Individual certificates may have additional requirements regarding application of transfer credit and age of credit.