TESOL: Communicative Language Teaching CertificateOffered by: Modern Languages and Cultures
Click GRADUATE SCHOOL EVENTS to view upcoming Program Specific Information Sessions and Open House dates
The globalization of English and demand for English language instruction worldwide create a need for skilled practitioners who can address the widely variant educational needs of English learners.
According to Education First's 2016 English Proficiency Index (EPI) for both schools and companies worldwide, English language proficiency correlates with higher incomes, improved quality of life, more dynamic business settings, superior connectivity, and more innovation. Recognizing this return on investment, countries across the globe have launched initiatives to expand English language teaching and learning. Our Graduate TESOL Program's CLT Certificate offers teachers from all parts of the world the opportunity to hone their English instructional techniques and practice cutting-edge communicative methodologies.
Through convenient and specialized certificate-level training, SRU's graduates will be prepared to utilize contemporary instructional strategies to teach English as a new language to learners of all ages. Facilitating lifelong TESOL development, the Certificate helps graduates realize their dreams of assisting others in achieving improved English fluency and proficiency.
SRU's Graduate Communicative Language Teaching Certificate can be earned in any term plus one 2-6 week summer session and offers:
- Graduate-level training in CLT, the globally preferred method for improving language proficiency
- Flexibility for your busy schedule-1 online course during term of your choosing, and 1 workshop by arrangement, either on your site or in residence at SRU main campus
- Hands-on training, field trips, cultural excursions
- Expert faculty with earned doctorates
- A pathway to Master's degree - all 9 credits apply to the MA TESOL, leaving 21-24 credits remaining to obtain the full degree
Attention: To apply for admission, please use the following link to apply now.
- $25 Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronica transcript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- SRU current/Alumni/former students click here to order your official SRU final transcript and have it sent to email@example.com
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.75 in English, modern languages, linguistics, applied linguistics, education, or related field. Other major/minor areas of student considered. A 500 TOEFL score and a 2.5 GPA is considered for conditional admission
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent (1-2 page explanation of personal and professional goals for TESOL study)
- GRE not required
- International students should check with the Office of Global Engagement to review all international documents and visa status at firstname.lastname@example.org