Please Note that our BA degree programs DO NOT require an audition.
ONLY our BFA programs require interested students to audition.
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS (BFA) PROGRAM AUDITIONS:
Auditions are required for acceptance into our BFA Acting: Musical Theatre and BFA Acting: Acting programs. Current audition requirements can be viewed by visiting the Acceptd website and clicking on the resources tab.
SRU is using the Musical Theatre Common Prescreen for all Musical Theatre applicants.
Please note that prescreen auditions for this academic year can either be submitted online through Acceptd or through any of the unified auditions we will attend this year, such as Pittsburgh Unifieds, CAP, and Chicago Unifieds. For a current list of all unified audition options, email BFATheatre@sru.edu.
Callback auditions are by invitation only. See our Acceptd page for more specifics.
There are 2 steps to enrolling in one of Slippery Rock University’s BFA Acting programs. These steps can be completed in either order but we recommend applying to the university early in order to be eligible for the widest variety of scholarships and on-campus housing.
Step 1: Admission to Slippery Rock University.
- Complete the SRU application process. ($30 application fee)
SRU uses a rolling-admission process so there is no university application deadline. However, December 1 is the deadline to be considered for merit scholarships and February 28 is the deadline to apply for consideration for SRU-based scholarships.
Step 2: Acceptance to the BFA program through the SRU Theatre Department.
- Complete the audition prescreen and callback process. ($35 audition application fee through Acceptd.com)
- Prescreen auditions must be submitted virtually (via Acceptd) or completed via a unified audition no later than FEBRUARY 21, 2024.
- On-campus callback auditions will be held on a variety of dates through 2023-2024. Visit the Acceptd page for more details.
BFA acceptance decisions are made on a rolling basis so students are encouraged to audition as early as possible.
BACHELOR OF ARTS (BA) PROGRAMS:
There are no audition or portfolio requirements for entrance into the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs in Design/Technology, Theatre Arts Management, Theatre Studies, or Acting. Students may apply and be accepted directly to those programs on their SRU application.
Please reach out to the individuals listed below if you have any questions about these programs or would like to schedule a facilities tour or classroom visitation.
MAINSTAGE PRODUCTION AUDITIONS & PRODUCTION CREWS FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
The SRU Theatre Department holds open auditions for all students on the SRU campus! Acting emphasis majors must present a prepared monologue, while all other students may audition with materials provided at the audition. The rehearsal process generally runs 5-6 weeks, with a varied schedule of evening and weekend rehearsals leading to technical/dress rehearsals and performances.
Students interested in design, lighting, scenic construction, sound, dramaturgy, stage management, box-office and other production assignments should indicate their interest to the Department Chair. Students interested in working in the shops or being on a production run crew should also contact Department Chair, Rebecca Morrice.
Questions about our programs can be directed to the individuals below:
- BFA Acting: Musical Theatre Program - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BFA Acting: Acting and BA Theatre: Acting – email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA Theatre: Theatre Arts Management and Theatre Studies – email@example.com
- BA Theatre: Design & Technology – firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- BA Theatre: Theatre Minor – firstname.lastname@example.org