BFA PROGRAM AUDITIONS
Please note that prescreen auditions for this academic year will be submitted online through ACCEPTD. Callback auditions will be held in-person on the SRU campus. Students may also audition through various unified auditions that SRU Theatre participates in throughout the year.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Programs
Auditions are required for acceptance into our BFA Acting: Musical Theatre and BFA Acting: Acting programs. SRU uses the Musical Theatre Common Prescreen for all Musical Theatre applicants. Current audition requirements can be viewed by visiting our ACCEPTD website and clicking on the RESOURCES tab.
There are 2 steps to enrolling in one of Slippery Rock University’s BFA Acting programs. These steps can be completed in either order but we recommend applying to the university early in order to be eligible for the widest variety of scholarships and on-campus housing.
Step 1: Admission to Slippery Rock University.
- Complete the SRU application process. ($30 application fee)
- Apply online here: APPLY TO SRU
SRU uses a rolling-admission process so there is no application deadline. However, December 1 is the deadline to be considered for merit scholarships and February 28 is the deadline to apply for consideration for SRU-based scholarships.
Step 2: Acceptance to the BFA program through the SRU Theatre Department.
- Complete the audition prescreen and callback process. ($30 application fee through Acceptd.com)
- Apply on our ACCEPTD platform page: REGISTER FOR AN AUDITION
Deadlines for registering and submitting prescreen audition materials are 11:59pm on:
- Saturday, October 16, 2021 (for on-campus audition on November 20, 2021)
- Saturday, January 22, 2022 (for on-campus audition on February 26, 2022)
- Saturday, February 5, 2022 (for on-campus audition on March 12, 2022)
- Saturday, March 19, 2022 (for on-campus audition on April 23, 2022)
BFA acceptance decisions are made on a rolling basis so students are encouraged to audition as early as possible.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Programs
There are no audition or portfolio requirements for entrance into the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs in Design/Technology, Theatre Arts Management, Theatre Studies, or Acting. Students may apply directly to those programs on their SRU application.
Questions about our programs can be directed to the individuals below:
- BFA Acting: Musical Theatre Program - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BFA Acting: Acting and BA Theatre: Acting – email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA Theatre: Theatre Arts Management – email@example.com
- BA Theatre: Theatre Studies – firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA Theatre: Design & Technology – email@example.com
- BA Theatre: Theatre Studies and Theatre Minor – firstname.lastname@example.org
MAINSTAGE PRODUCTION AUDITIONS & PRODUCTION CREWS
The SRU Theatre Department holds open auditions for all students on the SRU campus! Acting emphasis majors must present a prepared monologue, while all other students may audition with materials provided at the audition. The rehearsal process generally runs 5-6 weeks, with a varied schedule of evening and weekend rehearsals leading to technical/dress rehearsals and performances.
Students interested in design, lighting, scenic construction, sound, dramaturgy, stage management, box-office and other production assignments should indicate their interest to the Department Chair. Students interested in working in the shops or being on a production run crew should also contact Department Chair, Rebecca Morrice.