Data Analytics (Master of Science)Offered by: Mathematics and Statistics
Click GRADUATE SCHOOL EVENTS to view upcoming Program Specific Information Sessions and Open House dates.
The data analytics market is happening now! The World Economic Forum ranked data analysts as the #1 job with increasing demand. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the demand for data analysts to grow by more than 30% between 2022 and 2030. According to Forbes, “Decision makers must prioritize data analytics in 2022” and “Organizations will redefine what it means to build a culture of analytics.” The demand for data analysts is real. Slippery Rock University's Master of Science in Data Analytics (MSDA) prepares professionals to work in the rapidly-growing field of data analytics and big data.
SRU's Master of Science in Data Analytics is 33 credits. The program can be completed in 10 months full-time or 2 years part-time. One particularly distinguishing feature of the program is its validation by alignment with standards established by professional certificate programs. Students who complete the program will receive a joint certificate in statistical applications and data analytics from SRU and the SAS (Statistical Analysis System) Institute Inc. SAS is one of the most widely used software platforms in the world for performing data analytics and statistical analysis. SRU's MSDA is 1 of only 48 graduate programs in the country that offer Joint SAS certification upon graduation. This will give graduates of the program a significant advantage in the marketplace.
SRU's Master of Science degree in Data Analytics offers:
- 100% Online Coursework
- A 33-credit program that can be completed in 10 months full-time or two years part-time
- Joint Statistical Analysis System (SAS) Certification
- Training in modeling, big data analytics, machine learning, and modern technologies
- Highly accomplished and dedicated faculty with external business experience
- Internship option
SRU also offers a 12-credit Data Analytics Graduate Certificate.
Attention: All students interested in data analytics or data science are encouraged to apply. To apply for admission, please use the following link to apply now.
- $25 Application Fee
- Students with a cumulatiave GPA less than a 3.0, may apply for conditional admission
- All students interested in data analytics or data science are welcome to apply
- Foundational skills are integrated into the coursework
- Official undergraduate degree transcript(s) and any graduate transcripts (Official transcripts must be sent by the institution via electronic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail. Faxed copies are not considered official)
- SRU current/Alumni/former students click here to order your official SRU final transcript and have it sent to email@example.com
- GRE not required
*If you are requesting review of your graduate transcripts for transfer of credit, please complete the transfer of credit form and submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions with official graduate transcripts. Please review SRU's transfer of credit policy.