MBA (Master of Business Administration)Offered by: School of Business
An MBA is essential for individuals who want a competitive edge in the business world. Slippery Rock University's MBA is an accelerated program offered in both a blended (both online and traditional classes) and an online format created with exceptional flexibility for professionals aspiring to earn an MBA. The MBA with blended coursework offers evening coursework and is taught at the Regional Learning Alliance (RLA) in Cranberry, PA. Students may complete the program in just one year or at a part-time pace to balance the demands of work and life. The MBA is offered in a general track (30 credits), an accounting/finance track (36 credits) and a management/marketing track (36 credits).
For students who are interested in advancing their career in management, accounting, marketing, or even owning their own business, the MBA program at SRU help students get ahead and stay ahead. The curriculum covers a wide range of business areas including accounting, communication, economics, and management; building leadership at every opportunity. Students who join the SRU MBA program develop a solid foundation in business, explore their professional interests, and work with faculty and advisors to prepare for their ideal careers.
By integrating classroom theory with real-world business practices, the MBA program at SRU provides knowledge and strategies professionals will immediately find useful. Not only will students be prepared to compete in the job market, they will be ready to climb the corporate ladder or start their own businesses.
SRU's MBA program benefits working professionals because it is
- Flexible: classes available both online and on-site year round (summer, fall, winter, spring)
- Convenient: located at the Regional Learning Alliance in Cranberry Township, Pa.
- Accelerated: earn the degree in just one year
- Interdisciplinary: includes business, data analysis and communication classes
Applicants must have completed a Pre-Calculus, Business Statistics or higher level class, with a C or better. The Pre-Calculus, Business Statistics or higher level class requirement can be waived if the applicant's quantitative score GMAT is sufficient, as determined by the admissions committee.
To apply for the MBA Program at SRU, students need to provide the following materials:
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Two Electronic Reference Forms (Students are responsible for forwarding this link to evaluators)
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate transcripts from all institutions where college credit was granted. (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- Applicants must successfully complete the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) with a target score of 450
The GMAT may be waived if:
- The student has a business related degree with a gpa of 3.0 or above, from a regionally accredited institution.
- The applicant has demonstrated sufficient professional work experience as determined by the admissions committee.
- The student has earned a terminal degree or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
If a student has less than a 3.0 or equivalent, they will need to successfully complete the GMAT with a score of 450 or better. Exceptions to these requirements may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the admissions committee.
International students should check with the Office of Global Engagement to review all international documents and visa statuses.
*Applicants must submit their two references via the wufoo forms linked above.