Community Colleges and Articulation

As a student enrolled at a community college, you have several options for study before you transfer. We value community college education and strive to help you make the best possible transfer decisions based on your personal preferences, your community college curriculum, and the academic program you will choose at SRU.

Merit scholarships in the amount of up to $2000 are available to community college transfers who were full-time (12 or more credits) and have earned a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA as of their last semester at the community college.  Scholarships are awarded as students are offered admission to the university; no separate application is needed. Financial need may be reviewed depending on the enrollment term. All new transfer students should file the FAFSA as soon as possible to ensure the best eligibility. As funds become limited, we reserve the right to alter how and when awards are made.

Out-of-state students whose final cumulative GPA is 3.0 or higher automatically qualify for the non-resident tuition reduction. Learn more here.