Medical Withdrawal and Readmission

Procedure for Medical Withdrawal from Slippery Rock University

Medical Withdrawals are reserved for students with medical circumstances making it difficult or impossible for them to complete coursework during the semester in which they are enrolled.


Students must meet in person or have a telephone interview with a Student Support staff member before medical withdrawal paperwork can be processed. Please make an appointment by calling 724.738.2121.

Medical documentation will be required to qualify for a medical withdrawal. Medical documentation must be on official health care provider letterhead or prescription pad, and signed by a licensed health care provider. The content must include the following information: name of student seeking medical withdrawal, type of medical issue or condition, notation that the condition impairs the student's ability to attend class, last date of attendance at Slippery Rock University, follow up treatment required.  Medical documentation can be faxed to 724.738.4920 or mailed to: Student Support, Slippery Rock University, 005 Patterson Hall, Slippery Rock, PA  16057. 

Important Information

A Medical Withdrawal may impact your financial aid or status of your student account.  Recalculation of financial aid will occur when any adjustment occurs with your tuition and fees. This could result in an amount due to the university. Please contact Financial Aid 724.738.2044 and Student Accounts 724.738.2088 for more information. 

Students living on campus will need to move from their Residence Hall once their withdrawal is complete.  Please contact Residence Life 724.738.2082. 

Student transcripts will reflect at "W" for the coursework during the semester of the withdrawal. 

Students who are medically withdrawn will not be able to access online student account information, student email accounts, on campus services, meal plans or the recreation facilities. Students will not be registered for the upcoming semester and will not be able to register until Medical Readmission has been completed. 

Procedure for Medical Readmission to Slippery Rock University

Submit the following to Student Support:

  1. Completed  Application for Medical Readmission
  2. A release from a licensed Health Care Provider indicating you are able to return to the University and carry a full credit course load.  This release will also indicate if follow up treatment is necessary, and who will provide the care and service to you.

All materials can be submitted by fax to 724.738.4920, or mailed to:

Student Support 
Slippery Rock University
005 Patterson Hall
Slippery Rock, PA  16057

Student will need to contact a staff member at or 724.738.2121 to set up a time to go over paperwork for readmission. 

Readmission to Slippery Rock University may require committee review. To allow for processing time documents should be submitted 2-3 months prior to the beginning of the semester desired.

Additional forms or payments may be required by Financial Aid, Student Accounts and/or Residence Life. Students are encouraged to contact those offices for more information:

  • Financial Aid 724.738.2044
  • Student Accounts 724.738.2088
  • Residence Life 724.738.2082