Student Support

Using a blend of non-clinical case management, Dean of Students services and peer education Student Support at SRU acts as a central location where faculty, staff, students, parents or community members can refer a student experiencing or causing distress that interferes with learning, development and success.  Our services include individualized case management, crisis and critical incident response, trauma response, peer support and prevention programming for students, faculty and staff at SRU.   

When you connect a student to our Care Network, they will be offered the opportunity to meet with a certified case manager who will conduct a needs assessment, then have a discussion with the student about barriers, supports, goals, and resources.   

To connect a student to CARE, please click on the situation being experienced (below) and complete the form. This will help us to know a little about what is happening. You can choose to remain anonymous by typing anonymous in the boxes labeled “reporter”. However, it is very helpful for us to be able to connect to you should we have follow-up questions. Should you be willing to receive follow-up from us, but want to remain anonymous to the student, please enter your information in the “reporter” section and then request to remain anonymous in the description.

The list of situations below is not an exhaustive list. If you think something is “off” or if you notice a student behaving “differently” or in a way that concerns you please enter a CARE referral.

If you have questions about connecting to care, or you want to speak with someone from our office, please call 724-738-2121 or email us:

Care referrals are not intended to be emergency services, if someone is in immediate danger or is an immediate danger to themselves/others, please contact University Police 724.738.3333; Student Health Services 724.738.2052 or 911.