Elementary Education: K-8 Math and Science (Master of Education)Offered by: Elementary Education / Early Childhood
The Master of Education in Elementary Education: K-8 Math and Science program at SRU is designed to assist certified teachers in becoming leaders in the instruction of mathematics and science through special emphasis on the integration of the two areas. This program is ideal for working educators with all classes taught exclusively online.
Students in this program will enter as a cohort group in the summer or winter and complete coursework over four semesters. Graduate candidates in this program do not take courses in math and science content, but rather take courses to improve their ability to teach math and science by utilizing technology tools and state/national standards, and examining exemplary curricula.
The M.Ed. in Elementary Education Math and Science offers:
- Flexibility to fit your busy schedule with classes taught exclusively online
- A 30-credit hour cohort program that can be completed in four semesters, starting in the summer only
- Curriculum material that focuses on the Common Core State Standards
- Knowledge of new technology, changing markets, and licensing requirements
- The Standard Aligned System (SAS) requirements to fulfill Level II certification
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- A Copy of Teaching Certificate (any state)
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (724.738.2146), or mail.
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.