Student Affairs in Higher Education (Master of Arts)Offered by: Counseling and Development
The Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) Master of Arts program at SRU prepares graduate students to work closely with diverse student populations and college personnel in all areas of student affairs at colleges and universities. Students in this program gain knowledge in the theory and practice of student affairs, and critical counseling-related skills to effectively understand and communicate with college students.
The Master of Arts in Student Affairs in Higher Education is designed to prepare students for leadership positions in the student affairs division of a college or university. Graduates receive the qualifications and training for employment in a variety of student affairs functional areas, including: housing and residence life, career services, student activities, admissions, multicultural student services, leadership programs, academic advising, orientation, judicial affairs, international student services, financial aid, and Greek life.
Features of this program include:
- Meets professional standards set by Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS)
- 48 credit-hour cohort program
- Online Application and Application Fee
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 to be considered for unconditional admission. Students with a grade point average below a 3.0 must submit official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores forwarded to the Graduate Admissions Office. SRU's GRE code is 2658 and is MAT code is 1660.
- Personal Statement indicating their interest in the program, experience, and career goals (please see prompt on the form).
- Reference Release Form listing your two academic references.
- Two Electronic Reference Forms from a former or current college or university faculty member with knowledge of the applicant's academic aptitude, suitability for intended program area, and ability to form interpersonal relationships. Recommendations must be on the appropriate forms, which are available electronically at www.sru.edu/graduate, under "Forms" or in the link above.
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)