Technology for Online Instruction (Master of Education)Offered by: Special Education
The Master of Education in Online Instruction is designed for business professionals, educators, managers, and trainers interested in gaining the expertise, technical skill, and comfort level in delivering quality online education. Classes are offered exclusively online and the program can be completed in little over a year.
Slippery Rock University's new M.Ed. in Technology for Online Instruction is focused on building student knowledge and skills in using web-based tools to effectively create an online teaching environment. Online and blended courses have been used for more than a decade in education. As technology is developed to enhance the learning experience for students, schools are continually exploring strategies to implement new learning tools.
Students will be able to apply the tools and skills on research-based strategies and pedagogy. The final course will include a capstone project, where students will develop an online module including lessons, activities, assessments, synchronous and asynchronous instruction and other methods of instruction based on their learning in the program.
Slippery Rock currently offers a Letter of Completion (LOC) in Teaching Online. The M.Ed. in Technology for Online Instruction will be available to students in the LOC program who are interested in adding on the full graduate degree. Courses in the LOC will be applicable to the master's degree.
SRU's M.Ed. in Technology for Online Instruction offers:
- Flexibility to fit a busy lifestyle with classes offered exclusively online
- Knowledge and skills to effectively plan, develop, and implement online instructional options utilizing various resources to enhance instruction
- Specialty application in teaching virtual and blended classes
- Interdisciplinary instruction
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.