MarketingOffered by: School of Business
Marketing involves more than just selling products, it is about finding ways to bring companies and customers together. The Marketing program at SRU will teach you how customer perceptions evolve and how companies can impact and influence them. You'll learn how psychology, economics, and statistics can be used to understand buying patterns and develop successful marketing strategies. You'll also gain practical experience applying these concepts.
Why Choose Marketing?
Marketing is a fast-paced, dynamic field with a spectrum of career opportunities. You can work in positions ranging from brand management and advertising to market research and sales. Marketing management is currently one of the fastest-growing career opportunities in the United States. Many companies, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies have their own marketing departments focused on connecting with consumers.
What Will You Learn?
In the SRU Marketing program, you will learn:
- How to anticipate and satisfy consumer needs and wants
- Marketing research, product planning, pricing, promotion, and distribution
- Concepts, functions, and institutions of marketing
- Appreciation of the consumer orientation
- Skills to analyze, formulate, and implement marketing policies
Careers In Marketing
With strong marketing knowledge and skills, you have the ability to work in areas such as:
- Advertising / promotion
- Brand management
- Consumer relations
- Marketing management
- Marketing research
- Retail management
Clubs & Organizations
- Alpha Kappa Psi
- American Marketing Association - AMA Student Chapter
- SAM - Society for the Advancement of Management