Slippery Rock University has a variety of venues and amenities to accommodate your program or special event. For a full list of our venues, capacities, and pictures please visit our complete Venue Guide.
CONFERENCES AND OTHER FACILITY RENTALS
The office is dedicated to ensuring that the planning process for conferences and other facility rentals is helpful and efficient, while being mindful of event budgets. University departments and recognized student organizations are encouraged to invite guests to campus for regional meetings, association gatherings, training workshops, and other events. Facilities are also available to rent for community, corporate, non-profit, and personal events. Please contact the Conference staff as you begin the planning process to tour available spaces and discuss policies and pricing.
The Robert M. Smith Student Center Ballroom is a beautiful venue for wedding receptions, and the Student Center Theater provides a scenic backdrop for wedding ceremonies. For outdoor flair, the SGA Pavilion can be reserved in the campus Quad. AVI Fresh, our exclusive, full-service catering partner, provides exceptional menu selections, bartending services, and many extra amenities to ensure the success of your big day.
Our Wedding Guide has been prepared to provide an overview of our services.
Dining Services and Catering will provide all food services for your event or wedding. Conference Services staff can assist in reviewing all-inclusive meal plan options and catering menus. Our food service program includes full service catering with options for bartending services and specialty linen selections, vegetarian options at every meal, food allergy accommodations, bakery services, and opportunities for special requests.
Contact: Deborah Schell
SUMMER CAMPS AND CONFERENCES
Between May - August, Slippery Rock University hosts unique camp programs hosted by SRU athletic coaches, faculty, and staff on campus to provide a variety of options for youth to participant. In addition, Slippery Rock is happy to host a wide variety of outside high school sports teams, bands, church groups, and organizations for their summer program.
For groups of all sizes, Slippery Rock University provides a safe, all-inclusive, and exciting setting for your next event.
- All summer housing is in fully air-conditioned residential suites. Each suite includes 2-4 beds, 1-2 bathrooms, microwave oven, and refrigerator.
- Summer meal plans on-campus in our Boozel Dining Hall that offer a wide variety of options as well as special dietary accommodations.
- Athletic facilities include nine volleyball courts, six full basketball courts, soccer, baseball, fields, tennis courts, and football stadiums.
- Aebersold Recreation Center includes a fitness center, climbing wall, and swimming pool to offer a complimentary Open Swim Program to all registered camp programs.
- The Smith Student Center and academic facilities include several small to large conference rooms, a ballroom and theater, classrooms, and auditoriums, with state of the art technology.
- Conference Services staff and offices to support your program daily while on-campus in addition to University Police with 24/7 security.
Contact: Marie Voitus
Webpage: Summer Camps