The Robert M. Smith Student Center and Conference Services staff can assist you in scheduling university facilities for your event. Reservation request forms may be submitted electronically or delivered to the Student Center Information Desk.
Availability of rooms can be checked in the Astra Calendar portal. University departments and student organizations may request meeting space through the Astra Events portal or by completing a University Event Reservation Request form.
Please contact us for additional information about our facilities and amenities.
University departments and recognized student organizations conducting University business may schedule university facilities generally without charge. Events are scheduled in the order requested. Requests for recurring events such as weekly meetings are accepted beginning on November 1 for the spring semester and April 1 for the fall semester. Events in classroom facilities are not reserved until the schedule of academic courses is finalized.
Conferences and other Facility Rentals
The office is dedicated to ensuring that the planning process for conferences and other facility rentals is helpful and efficient, while being mindful of event budgets. University departments and recognized student organizations are encouraged to invite guests to campus for regional meetings, association gatherings, training workshops, and other events. Facilities are also available to rent for community, corporate, non-profit, and personal events. Please contact the Conference staff as you begin the planning process to tour available spaces and discuss policies and pricing.
The Robert M. Smith Student Center Ballroom is a beautiful venue for wedding receptions, and the Student Center Theater provides a scenic backdrop for wedding ceremonies. For outdoor flair, the SGA Pavilion can be reserved in the campus Quad. AVI Fresh, our exclusive, full-service catering partner, provides exceptional menu selections, bartending services, and many extra amenities to insure the success of your big day. Our Wedding Guide has been prepared to provide an overview of our services. Please contact the office to arrange a tour or check availability.
Summer Camps and Conferences
During the summer months, Slippery Rock University provides a wonderful location for overnight camps and conference groups. Located in western Pennsylvania, "The Rock" is situated on over 600 acres between Routes I-80 and I-79 and is an easy drive from Pittsburgh, Erie, or Cleveland.
For groups of all sizes, Slippery Rock University provides a safe, all-inclusive, and exciting setting for your next event.
- All summer housing is in fully air-conditioned residential suites. Each suite includes 2-4 beds, 1-2 bathrooms, microwave oven, and refrigerator.
- State of the art technology is found in the "smart" classrooms and auditoriums on campus.
- The Aebersold Student Recreation Center and Morrow Field House can accommodate nine volleyball courts and six full basketball courts. Other athletic facilities include soccer fields; baseball, softball, and football stadiums; and a variety of practice fields.
- The Recreation Center includes a fitness center, climbing wall, and swimming pool.
- The Student Center conference facilities include a Ballroom, Theater, and several meeting rooms.
- Leadership development training, including high and low ropes courses, is available on-site.
- The University Police provide 24/7 security.
In addition to the on-campus facilities, Grove City Prime Outlets, located seven miles from campus, offers tax-free clothes shopping and many options for delicious dining. For those who wish to experience the great outdoors, McConnell's Mill and Moraine State Park are just a short drive away- where Pennsylvania's finest natural settings can be enjoyed and explored.
Please contact us to plan your summer retreat!