Slippery Rock University sign and fountain

Master the Future

Take your passion to the next level with a graduate degree from Slippery Rock University.

Apply Now for Graduate Admissions

Note: Currently, the application checklist in your application is incorrect. We are working to fix the issue. Please contact Graduate Admissions at for an update on your application status.

The online Graduate Student Application is used for all programs including: Graduate Certificate, Graduate Endorsement and Graduate Non-Degree Students. Please note that Post-Baccalaureate coursework is at the undergraduate level, not graduate level.

International graduate students have a separate application.

Once the online application is submitted, the application fee is required via Rock Pay.

  • Graduate Applicants:  $25
  • International Applicants:  $30
  • Doctor of Physical Therapy Applicants:  $35
  • Doctor of Education in Special Education: $35

*If you have applied as a Graduate Student in the past and paid the application fee, you will not be required to pay the fee again. This must be verified in our records.

Additional Requirements:

If required, you must also submit GRE or MAT scores. All applicants must submit transcripts from any prior colleges and universities attended. 

Some programs have additional application requirements. Learn more about admission requirements by program before submitting an application. 

Applicants whose native language is not English must submit an official score report from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Applicants must score a minimum of 79 on the internet based test (IBT). The TOEFL Institution code for Slippery Rock University is 2658. IELTS (International English Testing Service). Applicants must receive an overall IELTS score of a 6.5 or higher. ELS Schools official score report with a 112 result or higher.

All additional credentials should be submitted as electronic attachments to  except for official transcripts which need to be sealed and verified by the institution and then mailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have been married, divorced, or changed your name, please notify our office. Otherwise, we cannot match your credentials to your application and your status will remain incomplete.