The Office of Disability Services (ODS) is pleased to offer Slippery Rock University faculty with online access to student accommodations through our web-based software system, Accommodate. This system offers faculty with ease in viewing student accommodations so that the appropriate actions can be taken to provide these accommodations in the classroom setting.
Faculty members can access Accommodate:
- Through your Desire 2 Learn (D2L) home screen. Click on the Accommodate logo located in the bottom left hand corner of the screen to get started. This is the easiest way to gain access since faculty are already using D2L on a regular basis.
- Through this direct link: https://sru-accommodate.symplicity.com/sso/faculty/login.
- Accommodate is now mobile friendly and mobile responsive. Use the link above and add Accommodate to the home screen of your smart phone, iPad or tablet.
We encourage faculty to use either the Faculty Guide for Accommodate or our Faculty Video Tutorials for Accommodate for instructions on how to navigate Accommodate software to gain easy access to student accommodations.
Benefits of Using Accommodate
- 24-hour access to student accommodations
- Ease of logging in using University credentials
- An eco-friendly approach as hard copies of accommodation letters are no longer being sent by ODS via campus mail
- Outlook inbox friendly as accommodation letters are no longer being sent by ODS via email
- Accommodations clearly listed under the student's name in each list of enrolled students for the course
- If a hard copy of accommodations is preferred, faculty have the ability to print off a list of students in each of his/her classes in Accommodate that includes the student's approved accommodations
Accommodate Assistance from ODS
ODS is pleased to offer assistance with the use of Accommodate to all faculty members at Slippery Rock University. We are available for:
- One-on-one meetings with faculty members in his/her office space or in our office, upon request
- Presenting at Department or College meetings, upon request
In addition, please know that ODS is doing the following to provide ease to faculty with student accommodations:
- We request/recommend that all students email each of their faculty members a copy of their accommodation letter to alert faculty of his/her approved accommodations, although it is not required.
- We send an email at the start of each semester letting the faculty know when accommodations are ready to view in Accommodate.
- If a student registers for accommodations mid-semester, we can send an email to notify faculty of the newly registered student with accommodations, per student request. Yet, due to our strong encouragement of self-advocacy to every student who registers with ODS, we urge the student to communicate this information.