Quiz and/or exam administration is available to students who are registered with the Office of Disability Services and have been approved for testing accommodations.
Test scheduling requests for exams that will take place in the Office of Disability Services (ODS) must be submitted within two-business days of the test using the Test Room Booking tab in Accommodate. Instructions on how to complete this task can be found in the Student Guide for Accommodate. Prior notice is to ensure testing space availability and that we are in receipt of the quiz/test from the instructors. ODS recommends scheduling quizzes/exams at least one week in advance or at the minimum, 3-5 days before the scheduled quiz/exam date. Students MUST communicate with their professors before submitting their test room booking to ensure the date, time, and location of the quiz/exam is finalized before the request is made. In addition, the instructor’s notification and approval is required.
Note: a Zoom meeting room option is available in the test room booking of Accommodate to support online quizzes/exams. Students who need a reader or a distraction reduced environment for a Zoom proctored quiz/exam, can submit a test room booking with the selection of a Zoom meeting as the testing room.
ODS Testing Hours
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday
SUMMER TESTING HOURS: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
- ODS will typically schedule the last quiz/exam at 3:00 pm to ensure proper time and delivery of the quiz/exam to the instructor.
- Some courses may have quizzes/exams that are not during our business hours. If that is the case and the student would like to take the exam in our office, we recommend that students communicate with their instructor to reschedule his/her exam time so that our office can be used.
|If your exam is on:
|Please schedule your exam by the prior:
|Thursday at 4:30 pm
|Friday at 4:30 pm
|Monday at 4:30 pm
|Tuesday at 4:30 pm
|Wednesday at 4:30 pm
Test Administration Policies:
- Only students who have been approved for testing accommodations, and who have a current semester request on file can schedule quizzes/exams at ODS.
- Examinees are responsible for scheduling testing appointments with a minimum of two business days advanced notice with instructor notification and approval.
- Your ODS proctored exams must be scheduled during the same time as the class or as stated on the testing form with approval from the instructor. Quizzes/exams scheduled in ODS must take place during our regular business hours and before 3:00 pm.
- If you have evening exams, please discuss the timing of the exam with your instructor and contact the ODS office for alternate arrangements if needed.
- Books, coats, backpacks, and other personal items must be stored in ODS main office or lockers located outside of our office.
- Cell phones/electronics and smart watches are never allowed in the testing rooms. They must be turned off prior to entering the testing room and stored in the ODS main office or lockers.
- Arrive on time. Arrivals after 15 minutes late for regular quizzes/exams and 30 minutes late for finals may be considered "no show" and may only reschedule with the permission from your instructor.
- All food, drink, and tobacco are prohibited in the testing room. Food and drink may be permissible if advance notice is given to the ODS.
- Allowable materials in the testing room are those authorized by the instructor or ODS and should be specified on the testing form.
- The testing room must be quiet at all times.
- All testing materials including note sheets, formula sheets, tables and scratch paper must be turned into ODS staff upon test completion.
- Testing must be completed by 4:30 pm.
- If an ODS test proctor/staff has reason to believe that a student is cheating during testing, the proctor will take the test and all materials. The incident will be documented and the instructor will be notified immediately.
- If you are a graduate student at a Harrisville location, please see the ODS Director or Assistant Director for specific testing instructions for that site.