The Office of Disability Services (ODS) is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities so that equal access is achieved inside the classroom. For students with autism, blindness, and/or deafness, the supports that provide access are unique to the student’s sensory needs.
To request support from ODS for autism, blindness, and/or deafness, please complete the same process as any other student who wishes to request accommodations, using the steps below:
- Complete an Accommodation Request using a valid student ID number and SRU email address.
- Upload documentation with your Accommodation Request following our Documentation Guidelines, if available. If you do not have a digital copy of documentation, please fax, email or send it to us using the following contact information:
- Slippery Rock University, 1 Morrow Way, Attn: Office of Disability Services, 220 Bailey Library, Slippery Rock, PA 16057
- Fax: 724.738.4399
- Schedule a Welcome Meeting. Contact our office after you receive an email notification that we have received your request to schedule your first initial meeting with our office.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the extended time that is needed to process braille and/or captioning requests, it is highly recommended to connect with our office in advance of your first semester on campus or as soon as possible so that we can provide these needed supports in a timely manner.
- Attend a Welcome Meeting to provide ODS with your self-report, review documentation, and discuss your needs. Supports and services are provided dependent upon sufficient documentation and self-report on a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE NOTE: ODS will offer accommodations and support to students. However, ODS will not be responsible for ensuring a student passes their courses. Accommodations are available to ensure equal access to education.