Services for Students with Disabilities
In lieu of the implementation of online classes for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, the Office of Disability Services remains open and actively engaging with students online.
Current and incoming students who would like to request accommodations are still encouraged to do so by clicking on the Accommodation Request link under Related Links on this page to get started.
In addition, phone and virtual meetings are available to both current and incoming students and faculty, per request.
Disability Services General Information
Welcome to the Office of Disability Services at Slippery Rock University! Our office is located in Room 105 of the University Union with hours of operation from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm during the semester and until 4:00 pm during spring, summer, and winter breaks.
Services for students with disabilities are available to any enrolled Slippery Rock University student having a documented disability. Documentation is required, must follow the documentation guidelines, and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. SRU is committed to accommodating students with disabilities and helping them to achieve academic success. The Office of Disability Services provides students with reasonable accommodations and services to ensure equal access to education as intended by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. Services include assistance with, but are not limited to, the following disabilities covered by the above laws:
- Learning disabilities (such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, reading/math disability, specific learning disability, etc.)
- Medical health (such as cardiac disease, diabetes, arthritis, cancer, seizure disorder, etc.)
- Physical/mobility impairments (ambulatory, wheelchair)
- Hearing impairments
- Visual impairments
- Emotional/psychological diagnosis (such as bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Traumatic brain injury
- Temporary disabilities - disabilities existing only for a short period of time (6-months or less) as a result of injuries, surgery or short-term medical conditions