Campus Animal Information

Office of Disability Services, Campus Animal Information

There are fundamental differences between pets, service animals, therapy animals, and emotional support animals.

Slippery Rock University generally does not permit animals/pets to reside on campus. Some animals, however, are permitted to reside on campus. The animals permitted to reside on campus are: (a) Service Animals, (b) Service-Animals-in-Training from an approved agency, and (c) Emotional Support Animals.  Some therapy animals may be allowed on-campus for training purposes.  

The University is committed to providing student access to its programs and services. Service Animals and Service-Animals-in-Training from an approved agency are examples of this commitment. An ESA is also a reasonable accommodation provided to qualified students with a disability who live in a University residence.